Cashelbay Prince is a real performance Connemara, ultimately versatile, with success in Dressage, Show Jumping, and Showing. A pony with a great temperament and huge presence, he is very willing, smart, and trainable. Prince is a handsome animal, that breeds true. Born in 2001, Prince stands at 148cm and is available to cover mares.
- Supreme Champion at I.P.S. in Cavan in ’08.
- Won the M&M Champion of Champions BHPS championship show in ’07 in Peterborough.
- One of the few Irish ponies that qualified for HOYS ’09, and the only Connemara to do so.
- In ’07, gave the Individual Dressage Display during the Stallion Parade at Clifden Show.
- Was entered into the CPBS Hall of Fame in ’07.
- Recieved a CPBS Special Achievement Presentation in ’08.
- Placed top M&M Working Hunter of 2010 in annual IPS championship.
A very consistent Dressage performer at Novice level, Prince was placed as top Connemara for two years running in the Western & Midlands Winter League – averaging 68/69 – and was declared overall preliminary winner in ’08. He works at Medium level at home
A Grade B Show Jumper, Prince has jumped consistently at 1m 10cm, and has jumped 155 in Puissance.
Prince was entered into seven Open Working Hunter championships, and placed first in all seven. An incredibly strong pony in Ridden classes, he has been entered into over fifty Ridden classes in his career to date, and has placed first in almost all. 2006 alone saw him take first place at twenty venues.
At the 2010 Northern Ireland Festival in Cavan, competing against all breeds, Prince won four championships, one Supreme Championship, and one Reserve Supreme – in four different disciplines. In the end, he took gold in Dressage, the Riding class, Show Jumping, and M&M Working Hunter. He also triumphed as a comfortable winner of the Connemara Performance Hunter Championship (8-15 y.o. class) at the Fáilte Ireland Dublin Horse Show in the same year. He was also named the Mountain & Moorland Working Hunter exceeding 138cms’ pony of the year for 2010 by the Irish Pony Society.
A Grade 1 Stallion, Cashelbay Prince has been tested negative for the BEC gene.
Prince is the sire of other ponies on this site, such as Ardfry Ariel, Cashelbay Abby, Cashelbay Brook, Cashelbay Clancy, Cashelbay Native, Cashelbay Princess, and Cashelbay Rocco.